Monday, March 14, 2005

It's Your Dog

I got the dog. He didn't want another dog. Time to pay.

It's also my life. I didn't want this life. And I pay every day. And I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to live through this. I would rather die than come back into this house and spend two weeks trapped with Brick.

In 'The Story of an Hour' no one else in that class understood. I doubt any of the rest of them looked at life as endless days stretching ahead that would have to be endured and hoped that life would be short. I understood all to well.

Oh, at some point I'll get my equilibrium back and I'll get through the days and I'll find some small things that make the life worth enduring but not tonight. Tonight he is my dog and he's one more illustration that I am so alone when I want and need someone and smothered when I'm begging to be left alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home