Monday, June 19, 2006

Waiting


When going to the doctor's, it's not the high cost, the substandard treatment, the lack of reading material in the waiting room that gets to me. It's the wait. With military medicine you expect to wait. Hurry up and wait is institutional but the care is free so there's a reason to not complain. Lately I have seen longer waiting times at civilian doctor's offices than I ever saw for appointments in the military.

Today I waited over an hour for an appoint with an OB/GYN before I gave up and left. I was just mildly irritated until I noticed the sign in sheet as I was leaving and noticed that someone who arrived after me, with an appointment a half hour after mine, had been checked off the list and was in seeing the doctor. The office personel wanted to reschedule. I told them I'd get back to them.

The practice has a great set up. On site mammograms and ultrasounds but is the convenience worth it? If this were an isolated incident, yes, but it's not.

I'm thinking I need to wait for the mammogram results then research a new practice with the convenience and without the problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home