Monday, July 10, 2006

Marrying Up

One online friend met another recently and described meeting the mutual friend and her family.

"All I can say is, her husband really married up."

I've thought about that a lot ever since. Our friend is gorgeous, sweet, and loving. The husband is an ordinary looking, blue collar guy. The thing is, he adores her. He treats her like gold. He thinks he's the luckiest guy in the world to have her and their children and treats them accordingly.

The friend who was not impressed is also married. Her husband is attractive and successful. He's also an abusive asshole.

Who married up?

If I had two choices: a guy who wasn't great looking but he loved me or a guy who had all the 'right' attributes and treated me like garbage, I'm going for the plain guy every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home