Monday, February 13, 2006

What the heck did that mean?

So I told Merv I was in a (self?)destructive mood Friday and it was either cut my hair or do something else equally stupid and he said it was good I hadn't cut my hair because then I'd have to start growing it all over again. I'm still trying to figure out what that means.

I grow my hair for him. So was his immediate and confident reaction that I'd be back to growing it out a way of saying he wasn't going anywhere or that he knows I'm never walking away from him or both?

If it was a semi-inarticulate way of saying he's not leaving me, I'm touched (though a clear declaration would be a lot easier to understand). If it was that he assumed that no matter what I'm coming back to him, I'm kind of stunned at the arrogance. If it was that he knows neither of us is going anywhere, I can live with that cause it's pretty much the truth.

As I sing my Jack Twist lament of 'I wish I knew how to quit you' I try to find the ways to do it and the more I look, the more I realize how special Merv is. Not perfect for anyone else but me. He's flawed and infuriating and can be a selfish bastard but he's who I want.

Even when I know I should probably be memorizing the lyrics to 'Unanswered Prayers'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home