Friday, April 14, 2006

Anatomy of Dysfunction


Occasionally I think every problem I have with Brick is my fault. If I were more open, caring, loving, understanding, forgiving, smarter, better, prettier, everything would be okay. If I could just say the right things, do the right things, react the right ways, we could have a good life together.

And then he says or does something that makes it clear it's not all my fault. And I'm hurt once again because along with the rejection I feel the pain of being a fool.

But I finally realized why I keep doing this. If it's all my fault, it's mine to fix. It's fixable. All I have to do is discover the correct method and the problem solved.

Instead of being locked in a dance to the death with a large part of the problem who has no desire to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home