Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Not Funny!



It's not that it was a bad movie. I enjoyed the movie. It's just that either I've lost my sense of humor or movies keep getting marketed as comedies and they really aren't.

There are funny moments and funny things in Click, as in life, but it's a tragedy. A man loses his life even as he lives it because he learns to late what's important and by the time he learns, the damage has been done and there's no going back and there's no stopping it. I'm at a 'comedy' and I'm sobbing.

It was the same with The Break Up. It was comedic, it was not a comedy. And The Devil Wears Prada was a comedic coming of age story, not a comedy.

I don't have a problem with any of the movies. I have a problem with the marketing decisions. It's reminiscent of the Brokeback Mountain ads that featured the men and their wives and left out that little passionate same sex love affair thing.

I don't want to know everything about a movie before I go. I would like to know if I need to bring Kleenex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home