Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada


The Devil's getting a bum rap.

What is so horrible about Miranda Priestly? Not much that I could tell. I wouldn't want her for a Boss but what did she expect that was so bad? She paid good money for two people to make her professional and personal life easier. Is it too much to expect professionalism and dedication?

Did the hours suck? Yea, but that's the job. Don't take it if you aren't willing to fulfill the job description.

I love Anne Hathaway (and she was luminously gorgeous in the movie) but her character was a twit. I kept thinking what if someone got hired as a police officer, refused to wear the uniform, thought the law was silly, thought the hours were outrageous, and they were just killing time on their way to better things?

Ok, I know people like that. But I don't respect them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home