Monday, October 17, 2005

Going Home

Brick did a sweet thing today. We had a daytrip into the mountains because he knew I was feeling homesick. We got a late start as we usually do these days, one of the joys of a late night schedule, and headed north.

We stopped at Johnny Rockets for lunch. It was too cutesy for me. Since I like Rock City, South of the Border, and Myrtle Beach that's saying something. The burger was good, the fries and onion rings were nothing special, the soda was flat. It was overpriced and not that much fun. For a similar experience Cheeburger, Cheeburger was better.

We drove up into a part of Georgia I hadn't been in before. Brick didn't stop at any of the places with fried pies in Gilmer County because they were too crowded or he didn't see them in time to stop. We'd get some down the road. Never did get a friend pie but I've been promised another trip when the colors are better with pie!

We stopped at Stringer's Fish Camp in Commerce for a late supper. The catfish and hushpuppies were fabulous, the tea was fresh, the waitress friendly. What Brick ordered didn't look too appealing but then if it was something I'd find appealing I guess I'd have ordered it.

It was a really great day. The scenery was beautiful, great music, pretty good food, good conversation, traffic wasn't horrible, and I have my mountain fix to get me through a few more weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home