Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Chicken Fajita Salad

Tonight I battled Brick to cook supper at home. I had found some beautiful tomatoes and had some chicken that needed to be cooked and I wasn't up to a repeat of Golden Corral.

I stir fried the chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with chili powder and cumin) in a little olive oil with red and green peppers, onions, and orange and lemon juices. I filled a big pasta bowl full of mixed salad greens (romaine, spinach, green leaf, arugula) with some kidney beans, mexicorn, and one of the tomatoes sliced, spread the warm chicken over the base, then topped with a sliced avocado and a little bit of shredded cheese. I served it with a Baja Ranch dressing and set out tortillas and butter for Brick.

It was great. Even Brick liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home