Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Homewrecker

Husband Stealer
Ho
Slut
Tramp
Floozy
Mistress
Girlfriend
There are so many words for the Other Woman. For the betrayed spouse there aren't that many. It's as if, by the fact of their betrayal, everything else about them has been wiped away. Any sins they may have committed washed clean. Any faults lost in their victimization
I'm not faultless. Lord knows, I'm not sin free. And if Brick has another woman, she didn't wreck my home. He and I did that all by ourselves. We are the ones who piled pain upon slight upon hurt for years until we've lost each other.
No one else caused it. No one else lured him away.
Maybe it's too hard for some people to blame the person they've loved and tried to build a family with? Maybe it's too hard to take any of the blame on themselves?
All I know is, in my marriage, neither of us is a victim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home