Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Sweet Invention of a Lover's Dream

Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?
Am I making believe I see in you a girl too lovely to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful, or are you wonderful because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream or are you really as beautiful as you seem?
Am I making believe I see in you a man too perfect to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful, or are you wonderful because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream or are you really as wonderful as you seem?


I have a friend who is deeply in love. He describes her as the most beautiful woman in the world. He adores her.

Today I saw pictures of her.

Supermodels everywhere will sleep well tonight.

She is not an unattractive woman. She's just not going on the cover of Cosmo. She is, in the nicest sense of the word, ordinary. She looks like people you see at the grocery store, at the next table when you go out to eat, in the pew in front of you in church. But to him, she is better than a Playboy centerfold, this woman in her 50s who could lose a few pounds.

Contrast that with Donald Trump, a man who, if you subtracted the name and the money, would rate a 2 from a generous woman. Recently he rated the Desperate Housewives on the scale of 1-10 and he didn't consider any of them over a 5.

Give me a man who thinks I'm gorgeous, even though I'm not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home