Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Definition of Insanity

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

What about hoping for a different result?

At what point should a person stop hoping things can change, get better, work out? The only real constant in life is change. Wait long enough and eventually everything changes.

So I hear people say they don't love their spouses anymore and I always think 'Do you have any idea how many times over the years I haven't loved Brick anymore?' At least once a year for 25+ years. And, somehow, so far, it's always come back, sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker, always more fearful.

So maybe I'm the personification of insanity or maybe everyone else quits too soon. Who knows?

Will this good spell last? Probably not. But I'm going to enjoy every second this time. And I'm going to try to keep the fear from sabotaging what's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home