Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Vital and Independent Judiciary

I may be hearing things but it seems to me the same people now screaming for a vital and independent Judiciary are the same people who, during the Roberts' hearings, were screaming that he had to answer their questions whether they were valid and proper or not.

Can we pick one standard and stick to it, please? Maybe you wouldn't look like such pompous hypocrits if you did.

Of course the other side isn't much better. Quite a few people that were saying Roberts was right to not answer questions now want their invalid and improper questions answered.

Can't say I blame any of them. I'd love to have a Supreme Court that would implement my wishes but I can live with someone who is smart and honorable. Harriet Miers doesn't strike me as someone who's all that smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home