Saturday, February 04, 2006

Toxic Wasteland

This week I found out that my cholesterol levels were through the roof and I'd have to make massive changes in the way I ate. I have not been in a good mood since.
I have plenty to eat unfortunately none of it is what I really want. No more than 6 ounces of lean mean a day, no cheese, and every time I think of something that would taste good I read the label and find out I can't have it.
How has Brick reacted to all of this? He's eaten a big juicy cheeseburger in front of me, bitched about the fish I cooked for dinner last night, and sulked till we went out to a buffet for breakfast even though I told him the only thing I could eat there was fruit that I had at home and I wasn't settled into the diet enough to be around some of my favorites things and not be able to have them. When we got there he ate eggs, cheese, fried pork chops, and gravy and, as I ate my plate of fruit, repeatedly suggested that I have some bacon. He then insisted that he couldn't go grocery shopping across the street with me. It was too inconvenient for him to accompany me even though I just got bullied into going into a restaraunt with him when I couldn't eat. I was to take him home then drive back and do the shopping.
There's nothing like support at home to make starving to live longer seem really worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home