Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Drop It

Why does a person repeatedly hit themselves in the head with a hammer?

Because it feels so good when they stop.

Sometimes I'm like a person who is still wearing 1980s Mall Hair. It may have looked and felt good at some point but it doesn't anymore. It doesn't suit my life, it's not what I want, it's not good for me, but I seem to think that getting rid of it means that it was always a mistake.

Ok, so Mall Hair was probably always a mistake, much like the Mullet I saw walking down the street today...full out Billy Ray Cyrus Mullet, but some things did fit at one point. They had value and meaning and were good. Walking away doesn't negate what once was just because I don't want it anymore.

And it feels so good to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home