Saturday, October 22, 2005

I Lied, I Lied, I Lied

And with that three characters started the best hour of soap opera I've seen in a long time.

The lies of three characters on All My Children were admitted on the same day, Di admitted to an entire family that she wasn't her half sister Dixie, Ryan admitted to his wife Greenlee that he had faked his own death, and Zach admitted to his wife Kendall that he had concealed Ryan being alive. The writing was excellent, it was paced perfectly, everything fit together seamlessly, shifting from lie to lie to lie to reactions to two admissions of wrong and one 'I wasn't wrong'

Jacob Young went from being one of the actors that annoyed me most to a restrained performance that brought me to tears. Each character behaved in a way that was true to their character. It reminded me of what I used to love about soaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home